You may ask – “What’s important when searching for that complex, clean, crisp, fully infused, flavorful cup of coffee?” Certainly coffee quality, grind, and formula play an important role, as does the freshwater quality, but ultimately, it’s the brewing method that plays the all-important final role! Moccamaster brewers are designed scientifically to naturally brew with an ultra-precise, pre-immersion drip-style system, which creates a natural pulse action process creating the perfect coffee bloom process. Moccamasters incorporates a powerful and energy-efficient copper heating element with an automatic shut-off when the brewing process is complete, a precise coffee-water saturation time (4-6 minutes), and an independent 2-phase hot-plate element that maintains the correct holding temperature (175°-185° F) for 100 minutes (although they recommend consumption within 30-minutes).
- Simple to operate and quiet brewing process that produces a full carafe in just 4 to 6 minutes
- A unique, copper boiling element rapidly heats water to control brewing temperature between 196 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit which is important for coffee soluble extraction, then automatically switches off when the water reservoir is empty.
- Ideal water saturation time to maximize coffee complexity, flavor, and aroma
- The stainless steel thermal carafe maintains coffee quality, integrity, and taste for up to an hour
- Made with durable metal housings and BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate free plastics
- Removable parts essential for long-term maintenance and replacement
- Requires a number 4 size paper filter
- Achieved through a cone-shaped brew-basket design that regulates a 4 to 6 minute steep
- Pattern: Solid
- 1.25 Lit
- ECBC, SCAA, SCAE certified
- 120 V / 1400 W